Senior Research Associate
Irene joined Learning for Action in 2014 with expertise in qualitative research methods and project coordination, with a focus on environmental education. As a Research Associate, Irene contributes her research skills and content knowledge to a variety of evaluation, capacity, and strategic planning projects in the fields of environmental education, youth development, and mental health. She is passionate about helping organizations tell their stories to create greater impact and particularly enjoys conducting and analyzing interviews, creating data visualizations, and writing content for deliverables. She also supports projects through creating surveys, managing data using SPSS and Excel, charting, Spanish translation, and providing administrative support to each of her teams.
Prior to joining Learning for Action, Irene consulted as a nonprofit project analyst with Deloitte Consulting and conducted a feasibility study for a new Outdoor Learning Center with The Mountaineers. She also coordinated an environmental education youth program in Seattle and worked as a sea kayak expedition guide in the San Juan Islands.
Irene enjoys spending her time either outdoors, traveling, or in her kitchen. She speaks fluent Spanish.
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Pitzer College
Selected Project Experience
- Capacity Building through S. D. Bechtel Jr. Foundation’s Environmental Education Evaluation Toolkit
- Development of a Shared Measurement System for the Park Youth Collaborative
- Evaluation of Global Glimpse
- Evaluation of Kaiser Permanente Community Benefit Programs’ Youth Trauma Informed Care Grant Program