Meg Boatwright, MPH, MA
Meg works with teams to guide nonprofits and foundations to develop strategies that address social challenges and expand their impact. Meg approaches her work with compassion, curiosity, and a growth mindset. Since joining LFA in 2015, Meg has worked on a variety of education, early learning, and youth projects to evaluate the impact of programs, enhance organization effectiveness, and research best practices. As a former educator, Meg recognizes the importance of early learning experiences and the need to improve systems that serve children inside and outside the classroom. Meg plans to continue working on education and health issues at LFA while also gaining experience in strategy projects.
Meg joined LFA with a background in education, public health, and program evaluation. She began her career as an elementary teacher in Washington, DC with Teach for America and later became a reading specialist. Meg worked with Girls on the Run of the Triangle to improve program effectiveness and identify strategic growth opportunities. Most recently, Meg was an Education Pioneers Fellow with New Teacher Center where she captured key characteristics of mentoring activities and supported strategic projects and program evaluation.
Meg is an avid runner, past Girls on the Run coach, and casual stand up paddle boarder. She lives in San Francisco and enjoys exploring her new home in the Bay Area. Meg currently volunteers with Reading Partners and remains deeply committed to improving educational outcomes for all children.
- Bachelor of Arts, History, University of Arizona Honors College
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology, University of Arizona Honors College
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Elementary Education, American University
- Master of Public Health, Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Selected Project Experience
- Evaluation of the Marin Community Foundation’s Early School Success Initiative
- Evaluation of Sonoma Wine Country Weekend’s Fund the Future Campaign
- Evaluation and Technical Assistance for First 5 Sonoma County