Nancy Latham, MPM, Ph.D.
Managing Director, Practice
Nancy joined LFA in 2003, bringing an academic background in social science research design, statistics, and the dynamics of social stratification. With a deep commitment to supporting those on the front lines of social change, Nancy gravitates toward projects that – in one way or another – fight poverty and its insidious effects on families and communities. Her program evaluations often focus on education, youth development, workforce development, and housing. Because the causes and effects of poverty are far too wide-ranging and complex to be addressed with a single program, Nancy also focuses on initiatives that bring together multiple actors and systems for the purpose of deeper community and social change.
She is currently leading a three-year developmental evaluation to help build a city-wide youth development system in Detroit, and an evaluation of a collective impact project in Sonoma County that has ambitious anti-poverty goals. As LFA’s Managing Director of Practice, Nancy supports the professional development of all employees. She coordinates staff trainings, creates toolkits and other resources, and champions systematic feedback loops for organizational learning. She is especially passionate about helping LFA staff develop their skills in research design and statistics, and has written a statistics textbook for internal use. As a Senior Fellow with the Center for Evaluation Innovation, Nancy created a toolkit for evaluating systems change initiatives.
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Stanford University
- Master of Public Management, University of Maryland
- Master of Political Science, University of California, Berkeley
- Ph.D., Sociology, University of California, Berkeley
Selected Project Experience
- Developmental Evaluation of the Skillman Foundation’s Youth Development System Building Initiative in Detroit
- Developmental and Systems Change Evaluation of Sonoma County’s Upstream Investments Policy Initiative
- Implementation and Outcomes Evaluation of the Hawaiʻi Community Foundation’s Connecting for Success Initiative
- Outcomes and Systems Change Evaluation of San Francisco’s HOPE SF Public Housing and Neighborhood Change Initiative