Rachel Lipton, MPP
Rachel came to LFA in 2015 with several years of project management and consulting experience partnering with organizations that seek to create social impact. As a project manager, Rachel plays an integral role in planning and leading day-to-day project activities and setting up project teams for success. Rachel approaches her work with compassion, curiosity, and creativity. She is passionate about deepening social impact by strengthening organizations focused on social change. For the past several years, Rachel has partnered with nonprofit and philanthropic organizations to evaluate the impact of programs, enhance organizational effectiveness, and research best practices. She has also spent extensive time volunteering for women and girls’ advancement organizations, including work with Girls on the Run, Planned Parenthood, and the Kachin Women’s Association Thailand.
When not at work, you can find Rachel practicing yoga, perfecting smoothie recipes, or exploring the beautiful natural surroundings of San Francisco and the East Bay, where she currently resides.
- Bachelor of Arts , Mass Communications and Political Science, University of California, Berkeley
- Master of Public Policy, University of Southern California
Selected Project Experience
- Evaluation of the David and Lucile Packard Foundation’s Population and Reproductive Health Program, US Subprogram
- Evaluation of the James Irvine Foundation’s California Pay for Success Initiative
- Implementation of the Silicon Valley Foundation’s Grantee Evaluation System
- Evaluation of the Center for Collaborative Journalism at Mercer University