Jessica Xiomara Garcia, MA
Jessica is committed to social justice and cultural humility, offers a bilingual/bicultural perspective, and has a long history of working with diverse communities. A skilled project manager, Jessica leads data collection and analysis efforts; develops theories of change, logic models, and evaluation plans; creates data collection instruments; and produces reports and presentations. In addition, she provides monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems development and implementation; training and facilitation; as well as technical assistance and capacity building services. Jessica has professional experience in the fields of youth development, women’s empowerment, environmental education, early childhood, and is a skilled translator and interpreter.
Before joining LFA in 2008, Jessica was the director of programs for an Oakland-based academic enrichment and scholarship foundation helping Bay Area students who face significant challenges to higher education achieve success in high school, college, and beyond. Jessica also worked as a bilingual community organizer in Silicon Valley providing leadership development and computer literacy workshops to low-income Latina immigrant workers.
- Bachelor of Arts, History, University of California, Santa Cruz
- Bachelor of Arts, Latin American and Latina/o Studies, University of California, Santa Cruz
- Master of Arts, History, University of Connecticut, Storrs
Selected Project Experience
- Strategic Planning and Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning (MEL) Implementation Planning for First 5 Los Angeles
- Development of Monitoring & Evaluation System and Evaluation Capacity Building for Rural Education and Development (READ) Global
- Evaluation Capacity Building for S.D. Bechtel Jr. Foundation’s LEAPS (Leadership and Evaluation to Advance Program Success) for Environmental Literacy Initiative
- Evaluation of Solano County Health and Social Services Department’s Nurse-Family Partnership
- Evaluation and Technical Assistance for First 5 Solano County and First 5 Shasta County
- Evaluation of Weingart Foundation’s Developmental Disabilities Initiative
- Evaluation Planning and Technical Assistance for Calaveras County’s Behavioral Health Services
- Evaluation and Technical Assistance for the Boys and Girls Clubs of North San Mateo County
- Evaluation of the Rhode Island Foundation’s Initiative for Nonprofit Excellence